Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Happy Halloween


We had so much fun this year dressing up for Halloween! Mike and I do not usually dress up but this year my two real good friends and I decided we wanted to see what it would be like to use a can of hairspray in our hair and go as 80's girls so I begged Mike to dress up! Mike was a pro tennis player... from the 70's, complete with short white shorts, a ugly sweater vest, a fro, and some sweet chops and a mustache. We started the night with our ward trunk or treat, always fun, and then went over to our friends, the Memmotts. We had a so fun BBQ in the drive way so we could watch all the trick or treaters. It was a great Halloween! Thanks to all! Payton the little Lady Bug... Kylee's hand me down. She loved just walking around with the candy and going to neighboring cars and getting in their candy bowls!

Kylee the Kitty! Being a cat was the first thing she said she wanted to be when I asked her so I thought for sure she would change her mind before Halloween and not want to be a boring cat. Not the case. I put this costume together myself... and a little help from Mike. I didn't want her in all black in the dark so I added the white fur on the wrists, feet, and chest. I made the ribbon skirt with a big tail to try to pretty it but I think maybe I could have done without. Oh well, she looked adorable. She didn't say trick or treat she just meowed! She had a blast too!



Here are the oh soooo hot 80's ladies! Kortney's(on the right) hair was awesome. It was straight out of a 80's hair magazine! Mine on the other hand was not having it. I used half a can of hairspray and it still wouldn't stay! Good thing I was still young in the 80's. We had fun getting it all together and I think we turned out hot!!! Thanks girls for all the fun!


Hope you all had a very Happy Halloween!





5 comments:

Rushele said...

You guys look awesome!
Glad you had a fun Halloween!!

The Ridgway Family said...

I love the 80's look! I am a product of the 80's and very proud of that. I also love hand me downs for my girls. Sounds like you had a fabulous Halloween.

Keisa

DJB said...

Love it! Those have to be some of the best costumes. Next time try bustin out the old school AquaNet hairspray, I have plenty of pics to prove your hair can bust an 80's do!! HaHa

Ford Fam said...

Love the costumes, Kylee's is impressive and I bet she loved it. That last picture of Peyton looks so much like Kylee. I still pull the picture out of the kids in their costumes every Halloween, ahh the memories!

Janae said...

I LOVE the 80's. You are my hero!