Tuesday, January 13, 2009

my hot handy husband

So before chicks are outside in the coop they are in a brooder, a box type cage with a light (heat). We were using a cardboard box but that was getting a little ridiculous to clean. Mike put this cage together in a day and mostly out of scrap wood. He is awesome. He has made it so easy to take care of the chickens... and they like it too.

Kylee likes being able to look at the chicks whenever she wants.
Here are the ladies (3 weeks old)....

Lucy my girl!

Flower sweet girl
Big Red Chicken She is growing so fast!

Coco... short for coconut!

Matilda, our new addition. Love her eyeliner!
So I know the chicken posts are boring to you all but it isn't like you comment anyways so I am going to keep on posting for me!

14 comments:

Dannielle said...

I was so confused but then I figured it out - when did you get the 5th chicken! I like the name Matilda and I'm glad you stuck w/ Coco. Mike is very talented too! Dont forget to remind him to come over tomorrow to share his talents - there is nothing better than using your talents to serve especially his sister who desperately needs his help.

Brenda said...

Love the chickens. That is great that Mike has such talent AND willingness!

Unknown said...

Holly I love the chickens and my husband is laughing wondering why you have them. I tell him that you will look for any excuse for a pet. Chickens have fresh eggs. And kudos to Mike on the awesome cage.
Ashley

Janae said...

Jon and I are jealous that you have chickens. Seriously that is funny.

Michelle Randall said...

Wow, what a cool chicken coop. What talent your hubby has. I laughed when I saw Big Red Chicken. Your girls must like Dora as much as mine do. :)

weedle11 said...

I love the chicken posts. Keep them coming baby! Mike really is handy and very talented. (As are you!) love ya!!

Nana said...

Mike never fails to amaze me with his creative abilities. And you never fail to amaze me with your ability to admire and go along with him.Kylee looks so happy. I miss my Arizona family.

C and T Orvin said...

Wow! You turned into a family of 8 over night!!! :) They are adorable...great pics too!

C and T Orvin said...

Oh yeah...by the way... Mike was the bomb in creating the chicken coop masterpiece! I was soooo impressed and still am I guess!

Ronnie and Natalie Taylor said...

Hey Holly this is your cousin natalie your chickens are so cute i have a blog to but as soon as i figure out how to get it to you i will.hope you had a wonderful holiday and new year.

Mosley Family said...

Way to go, Mike! I love the names you decided on for the chicken however, I'm a little offended you didn't use my suggestion. "Supper" will just have to be their nicknames later in their lives.

Ford Fam said...

I like the chicken posts too. Plus now if it ever comes up I can say "Hey my friend has some chickens..." I am not sure when it will come up, but it will be really cool when it does!! Every time we go over to the Lehi petsmart and I think of you and your cats!

Mandy said...

Really chickens? She's gone country, back to her roots. What are you going to do with chickens. Are they for dinner next thanksgiving?

the keele's said...

OMG very cute background!!!!!!!