Saturday, January 24, 2009

Learn from my mistakes!

(that better not be my milk in a cup!)
So I took Payton's bottle away 2 weeks ago and all I can say is I waited too long! She hated life and mostly me for not giving her what she wanted. It took 4 days of seriously crying all the time to finally be ok with her cups. I took the bottle away from Kylee at 1 and had no problem so I really didn't think it would be so bad. Boy was I wrong. I am glad we are done with that. Now all i have to do is get rid of the pacifier at bedtime.... mistake #2. Man I have been lazy with this kid!
Here is my fav picture of Payton from those 4 days... totally yelling at me!

9 comments:

The Jorgensen's said...

Stay strong girl! Good luck with the binky. We haven't tackled that one yet and I'm nervous about it...

weedle11 said...

Too too cute. I can't believe how big your girls are getting. I am guilty of the binky thing. You already know that. Alia had no problem with taking the bottle away. Hopefully it will go as well with the binky. She is pretty attached though. Good luck!

Laura said...

i also took chase's bottle away at 1 year and i agree with you, it was really easy. now the pacifier he still has a bedtime. i am not quite ready still to tackle that one.

Nana said...

Payton is soooo adorable!! Cute pictures.Cute tears!! It must have been hard to refuse that sweet face!!

Nana said...

Payton is soooo adorable!! Cute pictures.Cute tears!! It must have been hard to refuse that sweet face!!

Rushele said...

Lucky for me Raegan never really took a bottle after she was 2 mos. old cuz she only nursed, so that wasn't an issue with her.
Sophie on the other hand has been taking bottles for quite a while and I've been trying to transition to sippy cups more and more lately so we can get rid of the bottle too. She really doesn't drink as much from a cup and if it's bed time she wants nothing but a bottle. It'll be fun, I'm sure!!

Mandy said...

What is your problem? Why can't she have the bottle if she wants it? My awesome friend Kim just moved there and lives like three miles from you. You should hang out. You might have to filter your mouth cause you are a dirty dirty whore. Love ya.

Dannielle said...

It is not that we are lazy it - we just get more and more tired with each kid! We just want peace and quiet!

Christy C. said...

She is so adorable. I lucked out and Cameron would break the habit on a weekend I was at work. Don't ask me why he would do it...
Love ya.