Monday, January 5, 2009

Peeps!

On Christmas morning the girls and I were surprised with four baby chicks as our family gift! Though chicks have turned out to be a lot of work they have been a lot of fun too. I am loving being a mother hen to these cute girls. Chicks grow so fast. I cannot believe how fast they have grown. I am documenting the changes for me to see how fast they change... not just because I am a crazy animal lover( I am though).

Names are still being determined. Suggestions are appreciated. Kylee named the black and white one Flower, and then the lighter red one is Lucy. The white was named daisy but she is super dominate so I need to figure out a strong name.

Look at all those feathers that have already grown in! Crazy fast!


p.s. Why chickens? Fresh eggs I guess. I will take any excuse to have a pet.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

You could always name one Ethel. That is so funny that you got those cute chicks. When we were kids, Aunt Linda would bring us all kinds of pets - ducks, chicks, bunnies, etc. We were always SO excited. P.S. Brooke says she's moving to Arizona since we are getting so much snow!!

Jeff and Kira said...

I think that may be the ONE pet we didn't have as kids! They're so cute! And I had no idea they grew that fast! Simone, Jane, Maya, Fiona, Jade. A few names off the top of my head. :)

Sara LaClaire said...

my dad has chickens. and the eggs are abundant!

Rushele said...

That is an interesting choice for a pet! Cute though!!
So, did the black and white one get the name Flower from Bambi, after the skunk?
They are growing quite quickly!! Where do you keep them?
We should get together for a play date, or family night soon! Raegan keeps asking for Kylee lately.

Mosley Family said...

I've got a killer fried chicken recipe...let me know when you want it! And don't forget to invite me for dinner!!! Maybe you could name one of them SUPPER!!! (I'm cracking myself up right now!)

Mosley Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nana said...

Your father-in-law thinks you should name them: breakfast,lunch, dinner and snack!! You really married into a "sick" family! We desperately need your sweet influence in our family.

The Jorgensen's said...

I bet the girls were so exciteed!!! You are brave to take on chickens as a pet. I wouldn't know what to you with them. Let us know how the eggs are when you get some!