Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Meet Sadie

We have added a new member to our family. An African spur-thigh tortoise, or sulcata. This is the 3rd largest tortoise breed. His name is Sadie. I know he has a girly name but thats because his original owners thought he was female. He is a smart guy and responds to me when I call his name so we cant really change it. He is has a lot of personality for a tortoise. He is about 6 years old and is now about 40 lbs and 18 inches long. He can get up to 150+ lbs and 24 inches wide. Mike and our awesome friend Greg put in sprinklers and laid sod for Sadie to graze on everyday. It is nice to have some grass for the girls to play on too. Thanks boys!


Knocking on the back door for someone to come out and hangout with him.

Yummm... collard greens!

His first day in the yard he took out my two hibiscus. He laid right on top of it and munched away!

p.s. Mike got him on craigslist for free! What a deal for such a great pet.

1 comments:

Rushele said...

So I guess you don't need a zoo membership anymore, do you?!!
I guess we'll take our zoo trips to your house too.
How are all the chickens?