Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Friends

" When you drop your soda on the floor in the middle of the mall, a friend will not only help you clean it up but will offer to share hers or get you another one.
When you say or do something stupid, a friend will say it wasn't as dumb as some of the things he's said or done himself...whether its true or not.
When you trip and fall, friend wont judge you or remark about how you should watch where you step. She'll just help you back to your feet, no questions asked."
-Martha Bolton
The "official" friends Book

So I was glancing through this little book and loved all these little quotes. I really liked this one cause it reminds me of all the wonderful friends I have had in my life and the friend I would like to be. Some I have lost contact with but it doesn't mean I don't still appreciate the time we had. I really only remember mainly 2 BFF's while growing up. We had a blast playing dolls and dress up and anything else we could think of (clubs). I had awesome friends through out high school who seriously are the only reason I like to think back to those years. I love that i was able to take a couple of them with me in my next chapter of life... living on my own in Utah! Again, fun times and memories. My short single life in Cali after Utah made me a friends that I still have now. She and I had so much in common it was crazy... we were saying I love you after the first date and didn't even care what people thought! Then I met my bestest friend ever. He gets enough praise so I will move on. He did bring some new friends (family) that really make me feel like I am cared for. Then came Utah again. Man we had a lot of amazing friends. We started out with one couple and didn't see any reason to hangout with anyone else. They are awesome people and we could always count on them. I loved that I could be my crazy self and still be invited to the next Sunday dinner. We then learned that having one best friend couple didn't mean we couldn't have more. We had some friends that had a little boy the same age as our girl and decided why not bring a new friendship for ourselves and our daughter. We made great friends right away and felt as if we had been friends forever. We even got a set of wonderful Utah grandparents for Kylee. Amazing families in Utah. Then we did a hard thing and had to leave those awesome friends in Utah to start a life in Arizona. I was nervous I would be alone in my apartment never knowing anyone but I was wrong. We made better friends with past friends. They got us through our transition to Arizona. They showed us the ropes which I am extremely grateful for. Don't know if we would have fallen in love with AZ as soon as we did if it wasn't for them. Then we moved to our house and got in a amazing ward with so many possibilities of friends. Our family already has made friends with a family that we pray we will never lose. I love friends I can admire and learn from but they don't know I do... might creep them out :) Mike has introduced us to old mission friends and were not only able to get employment but a whole group of friends. The WHOLE family is awesome (there is a lot of them). I love having friends from my childhood just 45 min away. They are my family away from family! Speaking of family, how blessed am I to have 4 best friends and a daddy always there from beginning to end. Well, the point of this post was just to thank the person that has given me all these wonderful people in my life. To the friends that read my blog, a big thank you to you for putting up with me as a spastic child and now with my whole crazy family. You guys have excepted me for who I am ... little messy, unorganized, indecisive, a dork... you know! I love you all. If you ever need me please call me anytime. til then ...adios!

13 comments:

C and T Orvin said...

Wow! Are you alright?... Your still going to ber here tomorrow right...you have a big day to get ready for :) Well - I was looking for a lil name drop...but NOTHIN!
Holly you are a wonderful friend...thanks for helping out no matter when. I was thinking... If you need me to make the RiceCrispies or cut straberries..which byh the way you are the best at BOTH...but if you can part from having them Perfect then I would love to help. Anyhooo, time for bed.. Toot-a-lou

C and T Orvin said...

try to look past all of my misspellin' faults...Sorry
I should try that thing called Proofreading...or a lil spell checkin'

C and T Orvin said...

Me again -
Need me to clean something for you? I do like to do SOME cleanin!
I am pretty descent at organizing...

weedle11 said...

Little do you know or even realize how much more of an impact YOU have had on all of these (us) friends!! You are all of that and MORE in return! We miss you guys!! LOVE YOU!!

weedle11 said...

P.S. I love reading your blog! I check it everyday.

Kortney Manning said...

We are on for friday. Except can we do it a little earlier? My kids have well-check appts. at 1:00 pm, so maybe start at 11:30? We'll talk about it the party on thurs.

Brenda said...

Holly and Mike - we miss you guys! I am really enjoying this blog thing - I know its a new "young person" thing. We are about to become empty nesters!
Shane goes into the MTC on Wednesday! Stacy says naked all the time after that (He's been saying that since we started having kids in 1981!)

Laura said...

love you holly! i have so, so, so many great memories with you. you are a fantastic and loyal friend. miss you and hope i see you soon.

Rushele said...

Are we ever going to be friends again?

The Jorgensen's said...

Umm... I noticed that there wasn't a shout out to your American Family friends? :) Anyway, glad to hear that all is well in AZ.

C and T Orvin said...

Time to move on from the friends post! Your Shabby apple party is over too! Anyhoo - have a great day - Tiff

C and T Orvin said...

Oh yeah - The chocolate banana bread was fabulous! Thanks

Valerie said...

tear...