Thursday, August 14, 2008

Flowers for me & Flowers for Kylee


Mike ran to the store for a few dinner items the other day and came home with these flowers. I don't remember the last time I got flowers.... wait its coming to me... 2 1/2 years ago when Mike made me give my 2 beautiful cats away and he felt bad. Those were nice too. I thought it was very sweet of Mike to think to get me some, even though the only reason he got them was cause they were half off. Thanks Mike, I love you!

We have lived in this house for a year now and I always say how boring and colorless Kylee's room is. Well thanks to Joann's and their 70% off of their spring floral I was able to add some color to her room.

Kylee picked these light pink flowers and tin.

I put this little board together for $1.28 plus tax, unless you count her tuition for her school where she made the lovely art work.


OK so this I am not as proud of as the board. Looks like a bit much but whatever, it works.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Who would have guessed you would have turned into Suzy Homemaker. Definately not me when I would see your wall by your bed covered in boogers.

weedle11 said...

It looks really cute and you are so creative!

It's nice to get flowers "just because" even if they are half off.

Holly said...

you werent even there for the booger wall!! SHUTUP!!!

Rushele said...

Lucky!!! I think the last time I got flowers was like 4 years ago from Scott. It takes something pretty big for that to happen too. So sad.....
And the flowers in Kylee's room are cute! Isn't it so fun to see them at this age chosing things for themselves and being so proud of it, and other accomplishments?!!
And I'm glad that you've upgraded to flowers from boogers (Mandy's comment), my brothers used to decorate like that too.

C and T Orvin said...

Great job with your flower decor! Kylee's room looks great! I still love all of your family pics! Looks like Mike hit the jackpot with the flowers! Way to go Mikester!
Looks like the girls are having a blast with their cousins...times to remember forever. Payton with the pink boa was adorable! Call me and we will get together this week - Tiff

Ford Fam said...

So cute, you are so creative! I need something like that for Carson room. I just don't want to spend a lot of money because I don't think we will stay here long. But it looks so bare...